Monday, December 17, 2012

Holiday Reflection

It was wonderful seeing all of you during conferences and chatting about your wonderful children. These special children are your precious babies and enlight of what happened in Newtown, Ct let me reassure you, your children are safe and secure at the Killam School. It is with a heavy heart I write this post. It is very hard to see the faces of those children and know they are the ages of your children, my charges. Please know, I care deeply for each and everyone of your children and would do anything to keep them safe. I can tell you that there was no discussion in class today. Everything was normal (as normal can be around Christmas time). Everyone was happily skipping, chatting and singing as all second graders should be. It was a very normal day. This doesn't mean that the "talk" won't happen. If I do hear chatter, I will reassure the kiddos that they are very safe at Killam with lots of adults who care about them and love them very much. We have many procedures in place that I will remind them of. If you have any further questions or concerns please contact Jess Ostuni our school psychologist. She would be happy to chat with you. Let's all count our blessings and reflect on all the good things we have this holiday season. May you all enjoy this time with family and friends. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and a fun-filled holiday break. I wish you all the best for the New Year. Fondly, Deb